Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Prenatal Swimming

There's this fabulous Olympic sized pool (plus two others) at the Juniper Fitness and Swim Center here in Bend! I found some great workout classes, including a pregnancy friendly one:


I went to it this week, hoping to get familiarized with it before I start my work schedule and make up excuses to not go. ;) Despite the fact that there was only one other pregnant lady there, I don't really look pregnant yet, and the other participants were seniors doing water aerobics, it was fun! I didn't feel like I was getting a work-out during the vertical deep water fitness class, but afterwards my legs and core felt exercised. Yay! I'm going to try out the water zumba class too, since I love being in the pool and figure it will be helpful when I'm 7 months pregnant and need the weight lifted. ;) I'm also going to try the later evening class (because it will be more feasible once I'm working) and hope to find more pregnant ladies there to meet with.

No comments: